Today, I'm going to talk about how important it is to have a good wingman. The wingman skillset is profoundly different from going out solo, obviously. Both skills are necessary to have, in my opinion, but I generally prefer going with a buddy who knows his stuff.
I write this because my old buddy and wing, RyanStone, is in DA HOUSE! Like I had previously mentioned, OCWaterBoy, RyanStone, Geoff and I (and occasionally Protocol) would go out, practice our skills, but also generally HAVE FUN. Flirting, socializing, and seducing women is an ENJOYABLE experience.
And with a good wingman who is your friend first and foremost before he's a PUA (Pick Up Artist), you can do both: work on your skillset as well as enjoy going out with friends and picking up girls.
Here are my Top 10 Qualities for a Good Wingman:
- Encouraging You to Approach - If you're a newbie and still have approach anxiety, a good wingman can encourage you, prod you, and basically push you into approaching. Even Mystery admits to getting a few butterflies in his stomach on the first approach of the night so it helps to have a bro give you that little push of momentum.
- Constructive Criticisms and Feedback- Whether you did exceptionally well to a total crash and burn, a good wingman can observe you and tell you what you did right and wrong. He can provide you with insights that maybe you didn't know while you were flirting with the girl. Things like body language, tonality, and a plethora of other factors that you can't see in yourself while you're doing your thing.
- Homebase - In between girls and sets, a good wingman gives you a homebase. Someone you can talk to and chill when you're both not busy running Game, flirting with girls, and basically messing around. It gives you time to recharge, rest and chill in between sets.
- Positivity and Energy - A good wing should be able to feed off your energy as well as vice versa. He's positive, energetic, and should always be encouraging. NO NEGATIVE THOUGHTS IN THE FIELD. It's like that saying, "There are no atheists in the foxhole." There are no pessimists out in the field.
- Dealing with Obstacles - A good wingman should have the ability to deal with obstacles, whether they're AMOGs (Alpha Male Other Group) or UGs (Ugly Girls), he should be able to distract and occupy the unwanted person in a set.
- Social Proof - You can tell when a guy is just your wingman or if he's also your buddy. Two good friends give each other a certain amount of social proof because it's obvious that you're enjoying yourselves, chilling, and be social. Guys who just look like they're hunters don't give off that friendly, social proof vibe. You can also do accomplishment intros and the like.
- Following the Rules - A good wingman understands and is willing to follow the wingman rules, the top one of course being: "He who approaches first, gets first pick." This just helps avoid confusion and prevents hard feelings. I have a variety of other posts on this subject like social circle sarging and my own personal wingman rules.
- Knowing when to Break the Rules - A good friend, even if he approached first, should be able to tell when the girl he approached isn't into him, but rather his wingman. If this happens, being both a good wingman and friend, you should LET him have the girl and BE HAPPY about it. Sometimes that happens even if you ran tight game. Be happy for him, don't be jealous. Remember you should also be his friend as well.
- Understanding - A good friend should understand in what areas that you're having trouble with. What sticking points that you have and encourage you and help you in ways to overcome them. This, of course, should be reciprocated on your part to help him out as well.
- HAVE FUN! - Two good friends, wingmen, and pick up artists should enjoy each other's company as well as being able to go out and socialize with women. A good wingman is someone cool and fun to chill with. You can learn from each other and help each other with women, but you should also be able to just go out there, not even sarge a single girl, and STILL HAVE FUN! This also helps with avoiding burnout for those guys who treat sarging and talking with women as a chore or a job.
Labels: Pick Up Artist Tips, Wingman