I'm a simple man with simple needs. Like everyone else, I need to eat, sleep, make money, have a roof over my head, and someone warm to hold me tight when I fall asleep.
I'm no different from anyone else. Really
I'm just a typical Asian American schlub who happens to hate the thought of turning myself into another Human Battery for the Matrix (ie I'm a schlub who's too lazy to get a real job) and somewhere along the way, acquired a respectable amount of skill at attracting the ladies that has turned into both a business and lifestyle of getting paid to get laid (and teaching Asian American men how).
Of course, as it is with many pursuits, I've known a lot people to laugh at the idea- the very thought- that men can not only LEARN this as a skill, but also that they SHOULD. But as it is with the Tao,
"When a superior man hears of the Tao,
he immediately begins to embody it.
When an average man hears of the Tao,
he half believes it, half doubts it.
When a foolish man hears of the Tao,
he laughs out loud.
If he didn't laugh,
it wouldn't be the Tao."
The Tao Te Ching
by Lao Tzu
So be as it may, when I started blogging, there was no real business aspect in place and only vague goals. Now that I think about it, I think it was more a project of vanity and allowing myself to ramble in my own little corner of electrons.
I had nebulous goals like:
Goals of 2005-06:
No lofty goals for me, no trying to change the world or be Captain Save'A'Ho, just a lot of mental masturbation in the electron playground that is the internet and blogosphere.
- Get Laid More
- Post Stories
- Post Ramblings
- Help out my fellow man. Maybe. If I have time.
- Get Laid Even More
It's now been one year later since I first started this blog (time sure flies). My, how things have changed, including what I set out to do with my blog, business, and life.
In that time,
How's that for random and not even having a plan to go commercial with this?
- I've hooked up with far too many Dallas girls to remember,
- I've expanded my horizon to include the entire rainbow of women and it's no longer big breasted blondes for me,
- Held the first free one day bootcamp in Dallas,
- Had my first threesome,
- Traveled to a whole bunch of new cities and Canada,
- Backpacked through Viet Nam,
- Met and taught many Asian (and non-Asian) men who have a lot of potential (They just needed a little push in the right direction),
- Helped get some of them laid or their first girlfriend/date/makeout,
- I've had clients come in from places like Japan, Spain, and Australia,
- I've been written up about in the media,
- Been contacted by media types about doing reality TV shows to documentaries,
- I've had constant back to back bootcamps around the country and in Dallas,
- Added commercial elements to the blog like ads, affiliate links, etc.,
- Included guest writers from Captain Jack to Grungey,
- Became the moderator and spokesperson for a restricted forum for Asian PUAs,
- And I may soon be speaking at different events like Cliff's List in Montreal to the University of Southern California.
So things have changed for me, almost all for the better. I really enjoy what I've been doing, helping out my fellow Asian and non-Asian brothers alike. Yes it is draining and the constant travel has definitely hampered the social life that I worked hard to build when I first moved here, but all in all, it's been a good year for me.
Here are my new goals for the Second Year of the Asian Playboy Blog:
Goals of 2006-07:
There you go, my goals. Nothing lofty, profound or earth shaking.
- Get Laid Even More
- Travel outside of North America like London, Paris, and Australia
- Form an Asian lifestyle ring of websites dedicated to helping out all of Asian mankind
- Start holding larger group bootcamps requiring less weekly traveling
- Continue cultivating Asian PUAs for the 2006 Top Asian PUA Awards and beyond.
- Finish my damn seduction e-courses
- Start writing an ebook
- Make more money
- Increase traffic and readership
- Have more threesomes
- Maybe get a local intern to help out with all the tedious details
- Get Laid Even Morer
So thanks to all my visitors, readers, contributers, students and clients alike. This blog, and myself, wouldn't have been a success without you.
What will the end of the second year bring and the start of the third? Will I decide to settle down and actually get a serious girlfriend (or two)?
PS Why did I write this post?
Over at ProBlogger Daren is running a Group Writing Project about Blog Goals. This post is meant to be a part of that project.
>> Asian Playboy in the Press: D Magazine
>> The Mighty Asian Man
>> Asian Men Want to Take Over the USA and White Women
>> 10 Things I Learned While Picking Up Women in Montreal
>> First Ever APB Blog Post