A Female's Thoughts and Observations from the ABC of Attraction Bootcamp

"I think overall, what these guys are doing is great. No, not necessarily the "getting laid" part, but the part of building a guy's confidence and social skill-set so that he can find a partner-in-crime (you can define that as you wish). It's bad enough that Asian guys have this reputation (you know what I'm talking about) and so I think it's kind of like leveling the playing field. I really admire what APB stands for and he's not really just about getting guys laid.

- Miss J
Gatsby here. I'm especially excited about today's post from the lovely Miss J from NYC. After reading The Game and stumbling across The Asian Playboy, Miss J emailed us that she'd love to visit one of our bootcamps. Serendipity. The APB team was coming to NYC that very weekend.

After a few emails and phone calls, she was able to make it that Friday night to hang out with us and watch what we do. (Miss J, you are officially our Groupie, I mean... Fan #1. You're invited to any of our NYC bootcamps and alumni dinners. You get free drinks (to a certain extent) and you get to party with the APB team and students.)

This post was refreshing to read, because it shows an outside perspective of what we do. It's also pretty interesting to see what we "look like" from the non-PUA side of the world.

So in her own words...

Related posts:

  • Listen to the Fallout Central podcast with The Asian Playboy, Johnny Wolf, and Miss J!
  • More bootcamp testimonials on our ABC of Attraction forum.
  • Sign up for a bootcamp and become part of the Brotherhood.

    --
    "Let me introduce myself. My name is Miss J and I've been to one of APB's bootcamps. You're wondering why a girl went to a bootcamp that helps guys pick up girls, huh? :-) It all started when Gatsby invited me to hang out w/ them at the NYC bootcamp. I was so excited to meet APB b/c I read the game and I was so fascinated by this whole community. I couldn't believe I would be meeting real-live pua's. And they're Asians! How cool is that? It's like meeting members of the covert CIA. Ok, maybe not exactly...but kind of.

    I brought my friend, the lovely Miss K with me to the club that night. She didn't know too much about them except for the bits and pieces I had told her about. When we got there, Gatsby, a friendly looking young gentleman, introduced himself to us and we met the rest of the crew except for APB himself. Where was he? I thought.

    Gatsby: "Damn, she's hot." was my first impression. :)

    So a short while later, APB finally graced us w/ his presence. He was exactly what I imagined. Isn't that funny? He looked and talked and walked exactly how I thought he would. He was nice and talked w/ Miss K and me about some of the things that they did and was a really good sport when Miss K grilled him on all her questions and skepticisms and moral complaints (she comes from the more traditional school of dating and mating).

    Anyway, I don't know what I was expecting, but I guess I was imaging a bunch of awkward looking guys being forced to go talk to unassuming girls or something. And a bunch of pua's tongue wrestling women on the vip couches. Which probably happens but didn't that night in our presence, lol. The evening wasn't as salacious as I had envisioned it to be (I don't know why I thought it would be a scene out of Nip Tuck) and in fact, was very tame and uneventful (probably b/c Miss K and I had to leave early to meet some of our friends at another venue).

    Gatsby: Actually... Miss J and K left around 12:30 AM. Quite a few things happened afterwards...
  • Man Cannon (student of this bootcamp) successfully extracts and lays a HB7.5. Read his LR and bootcamp tesitmonial here.
  • Yours truly took home a Taiwanese girl... though I wasn't able to do much than kiss. Hit major LMR.
  • Reformation76 (Bro, you need a better handle), made out with a HB.
  • And the surprise of the night... (read below)

    The one thing I will mention is that I witnessed a real live pick-up. One of their bootcamp students was able to take a gal from the bar... out to the patio... and hold hands with her lovingly... in the span of like 15 minutes. I've done a lot of partying in my day and I had yet to see that type of physical contact in such a short amount of time (unless it's 3AM, last call, and everyone's drunk off their a$$es!)

    Gatsby: She's talking about Man Cannon. :)

    The other thing (sorry, I lied) I want to mention is this adorable shy-guy from the bootcamp seemed like he was having a blast talking to various women at the club. It was such a delight to see him totally go out there into the "field".

    Gatsby: This was the surprise of the night. I'm proud of you, D! Prior to the bootcamp, he had NEVER approached a girl before at a bar or club. Towards the end of the night, he got a number from a hot brunette who was there with a guyfriend. I heard from NYC alumni that they went out this weekend with D, and he got a kiss-close. CONGRATS!

    I think overall, what these guys are doing is great. No, not necessarily the "getting laid" part, but the part of building a guy's confidence and social skill-set so that he can find a partner-in-crime (you can define that as you wish). It's bad enough that Asian guys have this reputation (you know what I'm talking about) and so I think it's kind of like leveling the playing field. I really admire what APB stands for (I did a brief interview with him the next afternoon) and he's not really just about getting guys laid. (Although that does sound fun and exciting, right?) If I were in your shoes, that would be one of the top reasons why I would take the bootcamp. =P

    - Miss J

  • Labels: , , , , , , , ,