Q&A with JT the Asian Playboy

JT the Asian Playboy teaching a pick-up bootcampQ: When did you first develop an interest in seduction arts?

A: When I graduated from college in 2001 (As a very late bloomer, I had my first kiss and girlfriend in college at the age of 20), I moved from Florida to California and suddenly realized that while I had been busy succeeding in academics, I hadn’t taken the time to simultaneously develop my social skills. For 3 years I tried the standard, socially acceptable route for meeting women like:
Racial stereotypes can be a difficult obstacle for many of our clients to overcome. Perceptions that Asian men are small, misogynistic, effeminate and asexual can make it extremely difficult for men to truly believe that they can have any woman that they want because they feel as though the odds are already stacked against them, regardless of what they do or say. I help my students overcome these stereotypes in a number of ways, primarily by leading by example.

  1. Blind dates
  2. Happy hour
  3. Mixers
  4. Sports groups
  5. Online dating
  6. Etc
After I got rejected from Eharmony for being too analytical and cerebral (how's that for a wakeup call?), I decided to do some research and educate myself on how to improve socially. That’s when I discovered seduction arts in 2004. When I began to explore pick up, I knew instantly that I had discovered something that had the potential to change my life.

Q: What’s the most valuable lesson you learned during your training?

A: Perseverance and determination is key. I think because a lot of us make it look easy, students get frustrated when they immerse themselves in training and discover that it’s not necessarily an overnight process. It took quite a bit of time and effort for me to overcome my anxieties and fears initially. But I committed to making a change, and my life has been transformed for the better.

Q: In your opinion, what are the key characteristics of a successful pick-up artist?

A: You have to be able to approach things without fear, and stay on course until you’ve reached your desired destination or goal. You also have to have to be resilient, quick on your feet and be able to laugh at yourself sometimes. Know when to take things seriously, and know when to have a good time. That sense of balance will take you far in anything you do in life.

Q: Who has been your biggest influence?

A: Early on, I began reading Mystery’s writings on the internet, so when I signed up for his boot camp, that was a huge turning point for me, and a pivotal point in my development. I also think that I’ve been greatly influence by my students and the coaches that I’ve trained and work with. Knowing that I’ve made a difference in their lives makes me want to work harder and continue to impact people in the same positive way.

Q: How have you impacted the lives of the men that you’ve consulted and trained?

A: I help my students to build social confidence, and make time-tested strategies and their own personal attributes work for them. Before they come to me, a lot of my students are on the brink of giving up on women because they don’t have the skills to meet, attract and connect with them, and the void has become a huge burden. But when I’m finished with them, they are able to overcome their anxiety and fears, move past limited beliefs and use their newfound knowledge and skills to meet the women of their dreams.

Asian Playboy in the Press!Q: What has been the biggest milestone of your career?

A: To be honest, I’ve had quite a number of milestones and they have all been important to me. Being featured on the front page of AsianWeek Newspaper and winning the Greatest Asian Pick Up Artist award twice have been huge milestones, mainly because it’s really amazing to be recognized by your peers, people who you have a great respect for.

Q: What makes you a recognized leader in the PUA community?

A: As the founder of the ABCs of Attraction, I have helped to cultivate seduction arts all over the world. And while I work with men of all ethnic backgrounds, I am an asset and resource for Asian men who have tried a variety of strategies and programs without success.

Q: When working with clients, what are some of the key factors that prevent men from succeeding? How do you help them overcome these obstacles?

A: Racial stereotypes can be a difficult obstacle for many of our clients to overcome. Perceptions that Asian men are small, misogynistic, effeminate and asexual can make it extremely difficult for men to truly believe that they can have any woman that they want because they feel as though the odds are already stacked against them, regardless of what they do or say. I help my students overcome these stereotypes in a number of ways, primarily by leading by example. Inaction is another obstacle that some students have difficult overcoming. A real man recognizes his inaction, and takes steps to implement change in his life. He makes no excuses. A coward makes excuses for his inaction. There are no cowards in pick up.

Q: What’s the most valuable piece of advice you could give to a man struggling with meeting and attracting women?

A: You can either feel sorry for yourself, and wallow alone in self-pity for the rest of your life, or you can do something about it and experience life like never before. If you want to be happy, you’ll choose the latter.

[To schedule an interview with The Asian Playboy, or to book him for a speaking engagement, use the contact form to get in touch with him or call at (888) 689-GAME (4263).]

Labels: