The Nature of the Hollywood Beast

[The Hollywood Beast - A Short Tall Tale]

(Walking in) "Excuse me, sir."

[ME]: "Yes?"

[HIM]: "You do realize what kind of place this is, sir?"

[ME]: (Looking around) "I think I do."

[HIM]: "Yes, sir, you will be the only one of your kind here."

[ME]: (askance) "Why- yes- I believe you are correct. Gracious me, what happened to all the other Asian men?"

[HIM]: (laughter) "You slay me sir, we don't let them into this establishment... You will be the lone exception for tonight."

[ME]: "Uh, thank you." (nonplussed) "...So who DO you let in?"

[HIM]: "Only the most beautiful and connected."

[ME]: (nodding wisely) "Of course you do. And how many beautiful Caucasian women are there?"

[HIM]: (guffaw) "All of them, sir!"

[ME]: "Silly me, forgive my ignorance. And the Asian women?"

[HIM]: (red faced with laughter) "We don't let them in either!"

[SOMETIMES IT SUCKS BEING THE ONLY ASIAN PERSON IN THE CLUB...
AND SOMETIMES IT DOESN'T]

Labels: