[THREE BROTHERS WE] Personal Responsibility

"We stand.

Bowed...

Hurt...

But unbeaten..."

-APB
A Christmas gift 10 years in the making...

To my Older Step Brother... though he be not of my Blood, he stood straight and tall, against those who would naysay him, and spoke the righteous truth that saved my soul. Though years past he would test himself with heinous mistakes and blinded choices, he made the right choice at the right moment at the most important point in his life and mine. Others might consider him rotted wood or false gold, he ALONE stood at the very fiery Crucible of Character when the timid might flee... for one Noble, Sublime moment he stood tall against a test of time, soul, and personal resolve.

"Iron" I name my older step brother though I share not one drop of blood or parent with him. For a brother he is in name, spirit, and action for all his flaws and strengths of character, IRON in both strength and brittleness. His was a Clarion Call against the very Darkness no matter what else might befall upon his brow alone.

He is my Brother. He is IRON.

To my Younger Brother... though I could not stay and stand against the rising tide being only a few years his elder already set upon my own path, I did my best and imparted what ignorant wisdom I could upon his young mind, non-judgemental and accepting though he might be immature and ignorant. With deep regret, it was not enough and could not stand against the momentum of unrighteousness. I did my best and blame myself alone for not drowning by his side against an unforgiving tide that held no remorse and no regret. Inevitability overwhelmed us, but he alone took the brunt that was meant for the Elder Brother and Myself.

"Willow" I dub the youngest of us, for he bent, lasted, and was malleable long after we would have broke and betrayed ourselves. The greatest of all Weights rest upon his shoudlers despite his innocent youth for he will carry on our Family Name long after We are gone.

"Willow" bowed and survived tests of courage, soul and body that many would have lain broken, both body and soul. He is my Brother. WILLOW he is for enduring when others might have surrendered in despair. Bowing, but never broken, he retained strength though it cost him much.

He is my Brother. He is WILLOW.

Right or wrong, strong or weak, personal responsibility and the choices- be they weal or woe- both hearten and haunt us with our strength- or weakness- of character.

We stand, Three Brothers We, haunted by our past... weighed down by our responsibilities... betrayed by those who shirked their duty...

We stand... Despite a past that would weigh us down, those that might laugh at our infirmity, and shrug at our revealed Character, as if Quasimodo himself stood by our stead to reveal our grotesque inner selves be it at our most sublime and grotesque and would rang the church Bell for all to witness...

We stand, beaten if not poised to surrender.

Bowed, if not placed upon our knees...

Hurt, bruised bodies with our hearts enduring...

But unbeaten, though saddened in our souls...

Three Brothers We of different blood, but of the same cloth, the same past, and the same history. The same character. Strength. Tempered with Pain. But lasting with Stamina and Endurance.

No one shirks,

No one surrenders.

NO ONE GIVES UP IN THIS FIGHT.

Three Brothers We. Right. Wrong. Weak. Or Strong. Three Brothers stand for Family, Strength, and Honor though not one of my two Brothers shares the same blood as me. Though it matters not if we share one drop of blood for Brothers we shall always be.

I stand by my Brothers for it is Right. MEN are made by the Choices they make. Where do you Stand? At the edge of an Abyss? or at the precipice of Change?

IN ALL THINGS IN THE JOURNEY THAT IS LIFE, FAILURE IS A CHOICE... DO YOU CHOOSE THE EASY PATH AND GIVE UP? OR DO YOU CHOOOSE THE DIFFICULT PATH OF SUCCESS DESPITE THE PAIN AND RESPONSIBILITY?

Personal reponsbility is a choice. You decide your destiny. Not your friends. Not your parents. Not your family. And certainly not me.

Failure or Success is a personal choice and your own personal responsibility. I only show you the way and the door. I cannot force you to succeed or walk through the door.

In my struggle and journey through life, I have CHOSEN to succeed, with the help of others that have stood by my side. What about YOU?

YOU DECIDE.

Signed, Asian Playboy