Bootcamp Testimonial: Boy London

I'm getting caught up with my backlog of e-mails, posts, and reviews. And just to show that not everything is 100% positive, here's Boy London who enjoyed his time but also had some good constructive criticisms that we've been working on improving.

Hehe, not too much I can add at this point since so my fellow wings have given their detailed reviews, but I'll add a couple observations and things I got out of this, as well as a suggestion for future workshops.

- It's definitely worth the money if you put in the effort and get as much as you can out of it. Things aren't just going to fall into your lap and happen automatically. You have to take what you learn and apply it and make use of the resources you're given. It was literally a full day event. From 4:30PM to 4:30AM, 12 hours spent with the pros.

-The instructors were all very sincere and friendly, and took the time to answer any questions we had as well as individually help us out through a couple sets throughout the night. They were also just cool to hang out with. I sarged with and talked a lot with visiting instructor OCWaterBoy who was really cool and had a lot of interesting stories to tell. It's not all about sarging, guys, remember that. Part of this community we've built is also to learn from, work with, and hang out with our wings.

-The funny thing is I learned a lot AFTER the bootcamp (the day after) thinking back on my sets, what I did right, and what I did wrong, remembering the feedback from my instructors and putting it all together, etc. At the end of the night, to be honest, I was still was a bit unclear on what my sticking points were, but now I know EXACTLY what I need to work on.

-I particularly liked how they framed their ABC model (a variant of Mystery's 9 step) because once I realized the process is linear and where I was having the most difficulty, I finally figured out exactly what I needed to do.

-You will learn an arsenal of tactics, techniques, and tools for each of the steps that, combined with proper calibration and your own style, will tighten your game. The body language exercise and observation tips they gave alone was huge.

-I'm sure too that as time goes on their workshops can only get better. We were the first "Natural Attraction" bootcampers so there were a couple things that were rough around the edges but overall I felt it was excellent.

One suggestion I would make for future workshops that would REALLY benefit the students is for instructors to actually ENGAGE in at least 1 set as a wing with students, rather than just push them in sets and observe peripherally. This would help instructors listen to student's delivery, style, transitioning, etc., and provide direct observation that could improve their feedback and help them identify student's sticking points. I felt a lot of the feedback I got was vague since there is only so much you can observe from a distance such as body language, etc.

After the workshop and after giving it much thought, I figured out my problem is after approaching and opening, I wasn't pumping buying temp enough by using the techniques taught in the workshop. Instead, I was too focused on the opener and losing control of the set quickly afterwards. I wish I had figured that out earlier in the evening rather than the day after the event, but it's all good because without this workshop I would have never figured out where I was going wrong and would have kept making the same mistakes over and over again.

Thanks again to APB, Prophet, Shing-Lu, Capt Jack, and OCWaterBoy.


Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,,